Program Director (local candidate)
PYXERA Global is seeking local candidates for the position of Program Director, for its USAID-funded Supply Chain Development Program. The Program, based in Takoradi, seeks to improve the sustainable participation and competitiveness of local small and medium enterprises (SMEs) operating in the Oil and Gas sector supply chains. This goal is being achieved through the introduction of training and capacity building interventions, efforts to increase access to finance, and market linkages targeting SMEs and local Business Service Providers (BSPs).
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Director will:
- Provide strategic leadership, technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the program;
- Oversee technical, administrative and financial operations for the program (e.g., operations, compliance, reporting, implementation, human resources, information technology, communications, etc.) in coordination with the PYXERA Global Home Office;
- Serve as the organization’s external liaison in Takoradi, establishing and strengthening collaborative relationships with partners and key stakeholders, including international oil companies (IOCs) and subcontractors, USAID and other multilaterals/bilateral agencies, local SMEs and BSPs, and local and national government agencies and ministries (Petroleum Commission, etc.);
- Ensure a high level of communications and close working relationships with partners, including timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with guidelines (USAID, IOCs, etc.);
- Oversee adherence to management policies and procedures for quality assurance of communications and reporting, information outreach and dissemination to stakeholders via reports, training products and materials, social media tools, and other outputs;
- Provide quality assurance by developing and using the Work Plan and M&E plan to guide and track overall program progress and results;
- Other duties as assigned by the Home Office.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Development, or related field, and Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated capacity and strong experience engaging the private sector, facilitating dialogue among various stakeholders, managing SME and BSP training and development efforts, and leading business development opportunities
- At least 5 years of experience working on donor‐funded projects in a related role and with demonstrated supervisory experience, including with funding partners such as USAID, World Bank, and private sector clients
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Preferred: Experience working in the Western Region of Ghana, prior experience with the oil and gas industry sector, understanding of local content policies in Ghana and Sub-Saharan Africa
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume to Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org. In the subject line of the email please write “Program Director Ghana Supply Chain Development Program”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Phone calls will not be accepted.